Wednesday, November 15, 2006

calculations



So, I was trying to extrapolate future trends in Vancouver (un)real estate as we move forward to 2010 - the Big Party year for Vancouver.

It has been said that the median price for an SFH will be $1 million by then. So I crunched the numbers, and they made me think that this is the best time to buy!

Messrs Valouche, Muir, et al have been quite conservative in their forecasts. When I punched the numbers into my trusty calculator I came up with Error: Positive Infinity (see screen shot above).

Where did I go wrong?

2 comments:

first_time_buyer said...

"Where did I go wrong?"

Thats the question Muir et al must be asking each other. Where did they go wrong? So, wont be surprised if you see that number in their next press release. Source of data: trusty calculator. LOL

solipsist said...

Thanks for posting, and making me laugh folks.

downtown, I think that the problem may have been that my trusty calculator was indeed, rusty. This rain has infiltrated my computer, and rusted my calculator!

Maybe first time can pass that way-out on to the usual suspects? Maybe you will win one of those condos for your marketing skills!